Pistachio, apricot & dark chocolate energy bars
Posted in: Snacks
Wed, Oct 18, 2017, 05:31, 1 Year ago
0 out of 5 with 0 ratings
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Grease and line a 20 x 20cm square baking tin.
- Chop the pistachios, then scatter over a baking sheet with the mixed seeds and oats, and roast for 20 minutes, or until golden and toasted, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, destone and roughly tear the dates, roughly chop the apricots and chocolate.
- Place the maple syrup, almond butter, dates and 150ml of water in a small saucepan over a low heat. Gently heat for 10 minutes, mashing the dates with the back of your spoon, until you have a sticky sauce.
- Tip the oats, seeds and pistachios into a large bowl along with the apricots and pour over the maple syrup mixture. Coat everything in the sticky sauce before gently folding through the dark chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin, using a back of a spoon to press into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden, then cut into portions.
Source: Jamie Oliver
olive oil , for greasing 75 g shelled pistachios100 g mixed seeds250 g rolled oats8 Medjool dates100 g dried apricots50 g quality dark chocolate (70%)100 ml maple syrup4 tablespoons smooth almond butter