Katherine's chocolate truffles
Posted in: Brownies, Bars / Candy
Mon, Oct 23, 2017, 07:21, 1 Year ago
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
- Melt the chocolate flavour cake covering, either in the microwave or by placing in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Be careful not to over-cook this or crystals will begin to form.
- Add the crumbs and flavourings to the melted cake covering and mix thoroughly. Leave to cool slightly.
- Shape the mixture into small balls. Sprinkle the coverings of your choice onto saucers and roll the balls in the coverings.
- If you want to drizzle with melted cake covering, melt as per the truffles. Place the uncovered truffles onto a wire rack and dip a teaspoon into the meted cake covering and drizzle over the truffles (this could also be done using a piping bag).
- Chill for 30 minutes and store in an airtight container
150g (5.3oz) milk or dark chocolate flavour cake covering130g (4.6oz) Madeira cake (shop bought or homemade), made into crumbs a few drops natural almond extract