Posted in: Beverages
Tue, Sep 5, 2017, 18:01, 1 Year ago
0 out of 5 with 0 ratings
- Fill a tall glass (traditionally with a stem) with hot boiling water, leave to stand and then pour away the water.
- Whip the cream until the bubbles disappear and it has just started to thicken and form ribbons underneath the whisk. Put back in the refrigerator.
- Dissolve the sugar in 2 tablespoons of hot water in a small pan and bring to a boil. Add some freshly brewed rich coffee and stir. Then remove from heat and stir in the whisky.
- Pour the mixture of whisky, sugar and coffee into the bottom of the pre-heated glass. Take the cold cream out of the fridge, whisk once again, then pour it on over the back of a spoon (to prevent it from sinking) until you hit the rim of the glass.
- Grate a little nutmeg over the top and serve immediately.
50 ml unsweetened, cold whipping cream2 tbsp soft brown sugar50 ml Irish whisky1 cup freshly brewed coffeeNutmeg to sprinkle (optional)