Chilled Darjeeling First Flush with Mango & Mint
Posted in: Beverages
Tue, Sep 5, 2017, 18:06, 1 Year ago
0 out of 5 with 0 ratings
- Bring water to a boil, and then remove from fire to cool.
- Then add the tea leaves to a large pot and allow to steep for 4-5 minutes.
- Strain tea into a clean jug and keep in the deep freezer.
- Add honey, lime juice and zest from 1 lime to the tea.
- Add iced water (sans the ice) to the tea to make enough for 4 glasses and also to dilute the tea which would otherwise be very intensely flavoured.
- Add mangoes and mint to the chilled tea and serve in tall glasses.
8 tsp of darjeeling first flush tea4 cups of water4 tsp of honey1 lime for lime juice and zestMango (preferably ripe Alphonso mango, peeled and sliced)8 fresh mint leaves